Sunday, December 12, 2010

Tim's 12 Tags of Christmas Day 11

Using your die cuts to make custom stamps?? Seriously? Yap, that's what Tag 11 is all about. Tim's mind just doesn't work like the rest of us, how he comes up with this stuff I don't have a clue, but feel privileged to call myself a fan of such an awesome crafter! So here is Tim's Day 11 Tag



On his tag, Tim, used his snow flurries edge die to cut a custom stamp from fun foam. I hit a little (okay BIG) snag because I didn't have any foam or Tim's edge die, so what's a girl to do? Well one of my fellow ATTers,  Eileen, her amazing blog can be found here http://artsaveslives-paperqueen.blogspot.com/ ,  came up with a brilliant idea to use magic erase foam in place of the fun (craft) foam. So I proceed to rip my kitchen apart looking for one of the 756 boxes that I know I have somewhere, and couldn't find a one, so off to Walmart I went. Craft foam in hand I head down to my craft room to figure out the die problem. What I discovered is that my cricut will cut through this foam; so I used the city line (on shadow) from the Plantin School Book Cartage. Worked perfectly. I followed along with the rest of Tim's masterful instructions to complete my tag, except I replaced the Branch Tree for the Pine Tree die. This is what I came up with:

Well that's it for tonight, hoping to get Day 12's tag done tomorrow between loads of laundry while the children are in school. Humm...if I don't do tag 12 then does that mean 12 Tags isn't over??? LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment